Sunday, August 30, 2015

Fall Blocks

clip_image001When I'm trying to be creative I picture how I want the project turn out in my mind.  Sometimes the final product isn't quite what I hoped it would be.  This is the case with these blocks.  I think they turned out okay but not great.  If I were to make these again I would make the letters stand out more.  These kind of blend in with the background.  (This is also a poor picture). 

clip_image003I made the blocks out of scrap 2x4s I picked up at a construction site.  You’d be amazed at how much good wood is available if you're willing to do some dumpster diving.

Here are the steps:
 · Using a 2x4 cut 4 blocks 5.5 inches long each
· Sand the blocks to a smooth finish
· Paint the blocks with Americana Burnt Orange Acrylic Paint (or whatever color you choose)
· Print out the letter blocks on white cardstock (download the file here)
· Cut the letter blocks out and attach them to the painted blocks using spray adhesive
· Sand around the edges to give it a worn look.

It’s that easy!  

1 comment:

  1. You could also use a die cut machine such as Cricut to cut out the letters (if you have one), maybe use vinyl. Love your projects. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete